Experience with Modwright products?

Currently, I'm running in a Modwright LS99 preamp and KWA 99 monoblocks.  I have a dealer friend who wants them broken in or me to buy them or both. :)

Other than hearing Modwright products and briefly chatting with Dan at shows (he seems like a wonderful human and humble), I don't have any experience with their products. 

I thought my next move was going to Luxman, Allnic, Audio Research, or even a Japanese tube integrated.  Wow, am I impressed with this package out of the box. The linear Mosfet design with Class A up to whatever it is (say 25 watts) is really appealing to me. I run large horn loudspeakers. Just loving what I hear so far.

I have to imagine the products are built as well as they feel and service and relaibitily are stellar. Resale looks strong too. 

What experiences do our fellow 'Goners have with Modwright?  

Thank you all for your opinions and insight. 

128x128jbhiller

@bunkertoy , Yes, see the my OP above. I have had the LS99 and its matching KWA99 mono blocks.  

Highly recommended, UNLESS you have insensitive speakers or a big room.  These lit up my Cornwall IVs, but ran out of gas on an 87dB 4 ohm speaker.  

​​​​​​​

@jbhiller , Thanks for that insight, I’m running the newer Revival Atalante 3’s and they are listed at 87db 4ohms. You are talking about the mono blocks running out of gas I presume ? I’m more interested in the preamp.

Cheers

@bunkertoy , Yes. Ok. The preamp is very, very good.  

Pros - Holographic sound. DEAD silent.  Nice volume attenuator. Lots of XLR/blanced inputs and I believe there are Lundhaul transformers in there. I love the unit in so many ways. 

Cons - Hard to find any. I'd prefer a better remote. The remote works and is fine though. I would just like a nicer one at the price. A backlit source selector and volume would be nice so you could see where you are at from a distance in a dark room. 

No complaints.  Just wonderful organic sound

@jbhiller , Very much appreciated. It's very hard to find info about the sound of these units. Plenty of info about all the other Modwright  products.

Thanks again JB

Can you make it to AXPONA?  An Illinois-based dealer I love will be there and will have it on display for use.