Experience with Cary CAD 808, "Rocket 88"

So, I'm building a new (older gear) kit around a Sonic Frontiers SFL-1 line-stage and a soon to be rebuilt to spec Cary "Rocket 88" 20-30 watt tuber. Pretty excited by the pairing but don't currently have many speaker options that will perform at optimum with these two components. I have some JM Reynaud, Twins MkII that should be great but also know my Focal, Profile 908 and Linn, Keilidh are not a fit as they're both a bit power hungry. Can anyone report on what they've played with this amp successfully? If you had this combo of pre/power in your kit I'd be interested in knowing how you felt they meshed together. Have a smaller music specific room with standard 8' ceilings and 36'Lx22'W dimensions. Room is well furnished but has great acoustics. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. - B
128x128bgross

Showing 2 responses by moose89

I have paired the Rocket 88 with a Bluenode. Fantastic in so many ways. And the end product comes out my first generation of the raised  Klipsch Forte. Immense, immersed sound from the 95db, at the lower 20 watts flick of the toggles. 

Jump up to the Klipsch Heresy iv. Rocket is the bomb. Made for each other. Triode mode. Distinction. You hear everything. Warmer.