EWA cables - ABCAudio

Just wanted give a shout to Alan at ABC Audio. Bought their Starting Point speaker and interconnect cables. Very nice and nicely priced. The designer of the cables, Colin Wonfor, used to be a part of Tellurium Q.

Anyway, fwiw, but these have really impressed me, especially the SCs.

cd45123

I have the LS-25 and its really good. Its neutral but also natural sounding. There is no artificial and unnatural sparkling highs that silver plating can give. There is a wide open and clear sound to these cables, with even balance. These speaker cables are not tone controls.

The only other cables by Colin I have had were the original TQ Black, but that was a long time ago in a very different system. But I feel these cables are much better than the TQ Black.

I would like to know how much better the LS-40 is over the LS-25. Not interested in the LS-50/80 which are just double runs of the LS-25/40

Funny, just reading a thread about these cables and the history of Colin with this time at Tellurium. Would love to support him and try his product but I’ve recently committed to a different product for the time being. As good as the big names are in this industry (Nordost, Transparent, Audioquest etc.) We all know they would be alot less expensive if they didn’t advertise and sell through dealers. I still debate whether that is a good or a bad thing. Therefore his $800 speaker cables would be priced at something like $1800 if he did advertise and they were sold through dealers.

Here is a good answer from the maker to another asking about the speaker cables:

Why? Straight forward question. Does the cable incorporate some components other than those usually found in a cable?

No it does not, just wire or for Ian wet string (cool).
The wire is Litz the same as I used on the TQ cables (now obsolete) but we are NOT using bog standard died PVC webbing, and because of that is works and sounds better. Oh and for G.M. info not using my patents that TQ hold either, a much bigger leap of faith and design. And as G.M. says wrongly it is not a filter.
We will not discuses here the chemical make up of the plastic, but it is safe and a bugger to work with and tool up for. (and costs loads)
How it work well again if we told you it would only mean few folk understanding it and then others steeling it. But think of people like Faraday, Tesla, Maxwell and Erg. Oh and Black Holes.

So please try it send us feedback, as the powers to be in mags will not try it or review it because we do not spend 5-10 Grand on adverts so we can’t blackmail them.
We do not use greedy distribution.
We do not use greedy retailers.
We do not do glitter wrapped PVC or chocolate box packing.
BUT we do make designs for the music lovers who can’t afford £10K a metre as a rich mans statement.

Be safe guys Best Colin

I don’t think it mentions it above but EWA offers a 30 day money back guarantee. 

Many people would be happy with the EWA cables. The 25s are great, the only difference as you go up the line is a lower gauge and the 80s have a slightly darker sound. 

Alan, Colin’s business partner, basically runs the company. Colin has had many health problems. Alan himself has had mental health challenges over the past few years and continues to work on fulfilling orders. Beyond that, I would not expect any new designs from them in the future. If the 80 power cable becomes available that would be a nice surprise, but it’s been listed for pre-order on the site for over a year.

The newer design that Colin created for the SC was cost prohibitive- new tooling would have been required. They did incorporate some of this tech into the current designs though for the SC across the range.