Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne

Hey guys,

Has anyone heard the new Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne? Just saw this pic from CES 2011.

http://cybwiz.blogspot.com/2011/01/evolution-acoustics-mmmicroone.html

Any thoughts on this one?
rhohense
Jtinn,
+1 for you. Absolutely fair self judgement. Keep it up!!

Sprks,
To me, MMMicro One and Vapor Cirrus are directly competing products. I bet, a lot of people would be vising EA and Vapor room for these 2 products. From whatever I read and gather information, these two products seem to offer the best bang for buck in the stand-mount loudspeaker category.
Aol wrote

I bet had this been shipped by FEDEX or DHL the door to door charges would be a lot less than $900.

Call Fedex with all info on the 3 crates and get the amount of $$$ it would be to do a pick up @ your door & ship back to the return address. Report back.
As far as I can tell, it looks like vapor1's comment on the origin of the MMMicroOne driver has been removed. Rightfully so IMO. When it first appeared, it seemed like a thinly veiled exposé by someone in the industry; it was disingenuous at best. That the author is a manufacturer of a competing product raises suspicion of ulterior motives--namely to call into question the quality of some of the MMMicroOne's components. For one manufacturer to try and "call out" another's product comes across as inappropriate--probably why the post was deleted. For those of you that followed the deleted Vapor Cirrus thread, this move appears to reaffirm the negative reaction to Vapor and its customer service by some passionate (and very focal) dissatisfied customers.

I don't really care about the source of the driver used in the MMMicroOne. All I know is what I heard at RMAF last year and it was very positive. The speaker as a combination of its parts--the cabinet, crossover, and drivers--performs so well that credit must be given to its designer and manufacturer. I for one think that the MMMicroOne is deserving of all the praise and good press.
Jtinn, are the drivers modded Wavecors as Vapor is insinuating?

I didn't insinuate they were modded Wavecors, it's obviously a new design. All I said is it looks like a Wavecor frame. Even Accuton borrowed frame design from another manufacturer. The Wavecor frame is plenty beefy and well engineered for the job, supposing it is what they're using. And there's no reason to pay for tooling of a new frame when an off the shelf component exists that does the job.

I only posted here to say bravo on what looks like a well executed bespoke woofer design, that's no small undertaking. Please don't misrepresent my intent.
Anyone know if EA is going to have a cutaway cabinet of the MicroOne at RMAF as requested by Vapor Audio (Vapor1)? Vapor Audio for some reason is very intrigued by this speaker design.

After 2 years and 200+ posts (in this thread) I'm pretty sure I've only posted in this thread once ... not sure how that makes me 'very intrigued'. And all I posted was how the woofer design was impressive. What's the problem?