Eversolo dmp A6 vs Master edition vs Z8

Has anyone heard all 3 ? What are your thoughts? 
giong into a Chronus Magnum 2 with Falcon q7 and potential lrs+.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Brian 

128x128brianportugal

Showing 7 responses by dwest1023

I have compared both as a streamer and the master is clearly better in my system. The master is more warm, and refined sounding, it has a more refined sound, slightly more laid back compared to the standard,

Fyi, I have now owned the Eversolo A6, A6 master, A6 master with LPS, and the new A8. Only used these as streamers and mostly local file playing. Yes, they all sounded different. As most of you know, the A6 is very forward and can be bright. The Master is a little less so and the LPS adds some refinement. The A8 Is VERY good and fixes all the nasties. Very refined sound, but will not be to everyone's taste. It was not mine, granted  I did not put much time on, before I returned it. The sound was just a little too laid back for my taste and system. For the money the A8 is a very good kit, and it compared very favorably, to the HI Fi Rose 130 I had on hand. So much so, I sold the 130. I ended up with a Aurender N200. Bingo! that one worked the best for me.

Musicclover1,

I am not sure why there would be a difference. I just know it is very noticeable. Even the base sounds different on the Master. The regular solo, has a more punchy bass, whereas the Master is more laid back with what I would call a more musical bass. We are not talking night and say difference but noticeable. 

Chuke076, I never got the cd ripper to work, with both the standard and the master. I even purchased the cd burner Eversolo supposedly used for testing. Until they fix it, I just burn to iTunes, and drop and drag to Eversolo. Hopefully they will get it fixed.

Musiclover1,

I was connected usb to a schitt yggy dac. 

Sure, I used a Schitt yggy, Denefries Pontius 2, and a Denefries Terminator 2 Plus Anniversary. The amp used was a Passlabs 250 with Dynaudio special 40's.

IMO and in my system I found the A8 to sound better than the R130. As you know the A6 has a very forward sound. In my small listening room, it was just too much in my face. I purchased the 130, and at first, I thought it sounded very good. However, with longer listening, I found it too laid back and boring. It had no jump factor at all.. Just laid back and boring. Sold the RS130 and purchased the A8. It was laid back but not as much as the 130. I found the sound to be very refined. I always loved the Eversolo app. I think it is one of the best out there. The Hi Fi Rose app is the worst I ever came across. Bugs everywhere. I Could have been satisfied with the A8, but came across a deal for the Aurender N200. Now that unit IS on another level. It is a very musical streamer. and fits first my system perfectly. I consider the A8 to be awesome for the money. Eversolo fixed everything that I considered wrong with the A6.