Everest dd 66000 speakers

Some rave reviews and used availability has my interest.
Any classical, jazz guys with listening experience or comments from someone you know? Thanks
ptss

Showing 40 responses by audiolabyrinth

@ Kiddman, I loved what you had to say about the JBL Everest 66000 speakers!, JBL just introduced the everest 77000 speakers! you may not believe this!, IMHO, they are even better than the 66000 speakers, I am a huge JBL fan!, JBL high-end audio speakers are in my opinion, like you said, one of the best available speakers today!, Just like the 60s and 70s and early 90s!, I believe most speakers are pure over priced and over hyped!, I have a pair of JBL L7 speakers with ss ultra still points under them to make the speakers more inert!, you would flip out if you heard these speakers on the Taralabs omega gold speaker cables that I have on them and the Taralabs zero gold I/C on a krell 700cx amp with Ayon cd-2s direct to the amp!, these speakers are 4 way bi-amp speakers!, I have the Taralabs omega jumpers on them as well, IMHO!, the speakers are 30hz to 27khz! mated with them still points, Its crazy good!, If I had stupid money, I would buy the new JBL everest 77000 speakers!, you guys need to hear those for sure!,, Taralabs flagship cables and JBL work great together! Happy listening!
Oh, Btw,I have the hook up on the Tara cables that will beat eany brick and mortar dealers sale!, Pm me if you guys want to try some cables that are revolutionary with JBL speakers, especially the everest line!, cheers!
My bad! I meant, the everest dd 67000 speakers!, not 77000! sorry fellas, they are awsome!, cheers!
@ Kiddmann,, Again I really like what you have to say about the JBL 67000, which I did not know you have!, exactly when did the 67000 speaker come out?,I wished I had what I call stupid money to get a pair!, I am targeting the 66000?, are they worth having? are their brightness issues?, none of my equipment is bright at all!,I was talking about a used pair of 66000 of course!,Thankyou Kiddmann, cheers!
@ ptss, Thankyou,For the info,I appreciate the info, I do not have any questions on the L7 speakers thou,I believe they may be toped out with what they can do?, not to sound crazy or nothing, please forgive me, these speakers with what I have done to them and what I use on them allready give me the sound you described in your post to me, thankyou PTSS, cheers!
My Hat Is off to kiddmann as well, People do not respect JBL now a days, I ask them why?, they do not know, they have not listened to the latest new JBL speakers!, for that matter, the older ones as well!,I love watching the shock on their faces when they here a good pair of JBLs with the correct set-up on them!, and the correct resonance control on them as well, Kudos to JBL!
@ Ptss, Hi, What year are your speakers?,I have heard wonderful things about your model JBL speakers,Do you care to elaborate on them?, cheers!
@ Isochronism, Hi,Are your JBL speakers the monitors I have seen before?, fellas, I love JBL speakers, I wished I had A pair like Kiddmann!, that gentleman is truly blessed to have a pair of speakers like that!, and the cool thing is he knows alot about the everest line!, can any body elaborate on the 66000 speakers?, I am sorry, I have not had a chance to listen to them yet. Happy listening!
@ ptss, LOL! your speakers are very similar to mine!, yours cross over at 400hz, my speakers cross over at 900hz, there is a variation of the JBL L7 that is shaped exactly like your 250TI speakers!, my variation is the tower narrow width deep cabinets, your drivers even look alot like mine!Both your speakers and mine are 30hz to 27khz!,The still points ss ultra footers under mine, and the cables give me the sound you described earlier!, LOL!, my speaker cables list price 8ft pair $24,000.00 and the i/c list price for 1-meter that I have is $14,000.00,, of course I did not pay these prices!, however, I am shocked we have similar speakers!, the footers were $2,000.00 for 8 of them!,, I know all this makes me look like an idiot!, believe me when I say this!, The sound is way beyound what my speakers were designed to do!, I also have the omega jumpers on the speakers that are 10", the jumpers alone was a profound improvement for my speakers!, my speakers are 4 way bi-amp speakers!remember,I said, there is two different makes of cabinets of the JBL L7 speakers, one make is exactly like yours!, cheers!
@ Isochronism, Ok, I made a mistake!, your speakers are not monitors, LOL!, your speakers are pro use folded horn duel driver sub woofers!, wow!, you are going to put them in a house?, party time!, cheers!
@ kiddmann, Thats my ticket punched!, what you just said about the room sizes for the everest speakers!, thanks, and cheers!
@ ptss My digital player has a toggle switch on back to invert the phase in or out, cool huh?, Ptss, you seem like you are very cool!, I believe I dig you and your equipment!you have fantastic choices here!, some of the music you mentioned I am not familar with, I am 46 yrs old, how old do you mine me asking are you?,That was a wonderful story you told here, and to finish it off with a shot of whiskey made for a perfect end!, cheers!
@ dave_72, I did not know you are into JBL speakers!, I have seen you around on the gon!, Man, tell us more!, cheers!, that was great info!, Ptss has the legendary 250Ti here!, I am In lala land!, Go JBL!
@ Dave_72, I have A krell 700cx, I was cosidering buying the DD 66000 everest used, what do you recommend?, the k29900s, s4700.., I have a pair of L7 with the Taralabs omega jumpers on them and the omega gold speaker cables, zero gold i/c connect to a Ayon cd-2s player untill I get A cd-5s player latter, the 2s sounds good, Its 6 weeks old!, oh, and still point ultra ss footers x 8!,on the bottom of my speakers, cheers!
@ Dave_72, Thankyou for the kind words regarding my amp,I really have a small to medium room, But, At this cost point of a pair of used DD Everest 66000 we would seek another house to rent if need be!, you know, get a whole lot bigger listening room, what do you think the mininum would be for a room for the 66000?, I have a 11 1/2 by 17 now with a 4ft opening in the center of the rear wall that gives us another 4ft, we love to stand in that spot, gives us alot of listening pleasure!, cheers!
I love this Thread!, everyone is so educated on whats being talked about here!, I enjoy you guys, Dave_72, Kiddmann,,,, I was considering the 66000 because they are around $25,000.00 to $28,000.00 used!, thats a better price then the K2s new!, I am assuming that the 66000 are better than the K2s. cheers!
I agree with you ptss!, I have done that many times, making a great speaker out perform a much more exspensive pair of speakers, You would be supprised to know a whole lot of people do not know how to do this!, yes, If I get the 66000 speakers I would excell the performance of them as I do with most speakers that have a good balanced sound signature!, This is good that you know this!, alot of people laugh at the idea!, they do not believe it is possible!, cheers!
Well, To all you gentlemen here!, I am not really talking about what mods ptss is saying!, I am talking about, state of the art resonance tunning that I specialize in!, thats how I make a world class system be one!, Not isolation, I use the vibrations of resonance to my benefit!, cheers!
@ kiddmann, I am glad you made me aware of the cautions of the 66000 speakers!, I most likly would not be able to fix that!, @ Dave_72, Are the K2s foward sounding with a high current amp like my Krell 700cx?, cheers!
@ Dave_72, The Krell I have is in no way foward at all!, To my ears, the amp has one of the best balanced soundstages that I am aware of, and that is saying alot if you knew how much equipment I have owned, or did crtical listening with thru out the u.s.a., I do know their may be better, most likly 5 times or more the cost of this amp retails for!I am sorry to bother you fellas with all this, I do not have a real high-end store here where I live, so before I take a trip to audition any of the JBLs here under conversation, I would like to know which speakers I would like to hear!, I hope you guys understand that and have patience with me, Thankyou!, cheers!
@ Dave_72, Thats a good idea!, bring the amp!, It weighs a whoping 180 pounds!, I am crazy!, I may break the ole back, But for JBLs!, Hell yeah!, Happy listening!
@ Kiddmann, Hi, I know that this thread is stange to you that nobody has said nothing negative!, something you are not aware of with me!, I was a professional musician most of my life!, up an down the east coast and all over Florida!, That said, All musicians know, some of the best sound with live venues was JBLs with Rock, country, etc..., You did not see wilson speakers, Avalon,Revel, etc...The Jbl Horns used on stage out performed literally all the competition!, Now, why in the world would eanybody use something else for the home other than the best horns JBL offers like you have!, I may not can afford what you have!, I will counterplate the next best thing for my amp and system that I can afford in the used market!, with your help and Dave_72s that I believe have alot more exsperience than I do with home use JBLs can help me achieve the realism of being at home on stage again!, Happy listening!
@ kiddmann, I own JBLs L7s now that are not horn speakers that I modified and sound ridiculously great!,I put Taralabs omega jumpers on them and still points ss ultra footers under them, with Taralabs omega gold speaker cables and the Taralabs zero I/c on the Krell 700cx!, I have only been tring to build this system for 13 months!, I should say it may take 3 years to complete!, I want to build a system i can ride off into the sunset with and care less whats better!,but have a world class system!, cheers!
@ kiddmann, I really was looking at the everest 66000 used, what do you think?,, cheers!
@ Phusis, I really enjoyed reading your post!, I am sure Kiddmann will have something to say as well!, very interesting all this is to me!, I have owned horn speakers before and loved them!, cheers!
Kiddmann, you out there?, where are you from?, west coast,east, south, north?, I live on the gulf coast!, eanyway, did you own the 66000 speakers before the 67000 speakers?, if so, did you sell your 66000 speakers?, what other JBL speakers do you have exsperience with?, Thankyou!, cheers!
@ kiddmann, Believe me when I say this!, I know what music should sound like, most likly more than most people period!, I spent a couple of decades in live bands!, and went to every kind of genre of music concerts!,I do not go by any reviews period!,LOL!, they are paid to say what the manufacturer says to say!,I have vast exsperience with Pro-JBL Pa speakers!, I have had walls of speakers on both sides of me of JBL speakers!, thousands of watts, pure clear sound!,LOL! Alot better sounding than the most exspensive high-end speakers of the audiophile high-end!,, so yeah, I am open minded!, and know music!, cheers!
@ kiddmann, ImHo, Now your talking my language!,LOL! Thats exactly why I want a pair of everest speakers!, you confirmed in your opinion exactly what I wanted to know!you put a very big smile on my face kiddmann!,Thankyou so much!, I have a goal set out for me now!, go audition these speakers!, road trip will be coming soon!, Happy listening!
Thanks Dave_72, Remember, I will be going for the used 66000 everest speakers that are obtainable in the used market for $25,000.00 to $28,000.00 price range, LOL!, I wished I had stupid money and get the 67000 speakers! We all should envy Kiddmann!, Happy listening!
@ omsed, What are you talking about?, I have not inquired about any speakers from you,LOL!, I am not ready yet to get my pair of 66000 speakers!, I want to go listen to a pair first!, Thats alot of money even on the used market!I would like to know how the 66000 and 67000 speakers sound against each other and the sound traits each speaker has in your opinion, would be nice to hear from you and your exsperiences with these good speakers, Happy listening!
@ Dave_72, You got that shitt right!, out of all high-end, Its the speakers that are over priced, over hyped!, If I did not have to use speakers for sound, LOL!, I would not have them!, Man, I can build better speakers for what they give you for 3 to 4 thousand dollars!My L7s on the used market is'nt high priced at all, cheap as a matter of fact!, However, I would put these speakers up against eany thing out there!, very few would out perform these!,most speakers are toed in to get a sound stage!, what a joke, thats poor imagineing!, my speakers are a measly 5 degrees toed in, nearly none at all, three foot from back walls and side walls, and will kick the crap in performance virtues out of most speakers Iv'e listened to, And man, I have had many years of my fair share of listening to cost no object speakers!, so yep,, over priced and over hyped!Happy listening Dave!
@ dave_72, I believe we get along just fine!, we agree on alot!,LOL!, Thats the reason I want to hear before I buy when it comes to speakers!, who knows, I might not even like the everest line!, we will see!, however, I know JBL, and the chances of me likeing it would be good!, like you said, Is it worth it though!, how much better than what I have can it be in the money difference?, cheers!
@ Djanggo, Man, I just caught onto your post,LOL!It seems like a possibility that they may be the same person!, Lets find out!, Happy listening!
@ Djanggo, Where did you go?, Do you own JBL speakers?, Jump into the conversations here!, cheers!
@ Dave_72, Looks like we are all thats left here,LOL!, who cares, what do you have for equipment my friend?
@ Dave_72, I have a Krell 700cx, Ayon 2s digital player, no pre-amp, Ayon running direct with Taralabs zero gold 1-meter balanced, 6ft Taralabs omege gold speaker cables, 10" taralabs omega jumper cables on bi-amp JBL L7 speakers with still points ultra ss footers x-8,,, then I will be getting soon the Taralabs cobalt a/c power cord for digital player along with some 1980 nos reflector 6h30p-DR tubes,4 of those, latter this summer!, my player I got new 3 months ago!, now I said, fucx- it, and sent the Krell to Krell today to be completly renewed!, Its only 8 years old!, It will last 25 years when she comes back!,, cheers!
@ Dave_72, I am not sure if I will be sticking to the Ayon 2s player, well see!, I will be replacing the stock tubes, the a/c power cord, and installing tunning footers under the player!, then my decision will be at hand!, cheers!
@ dave_72, Hi, you should come over to a thread thats on cables, called the one versus the 0.8ex thread!, we talk about everything!, you will enjoy the thread, eanything you would like to know about tubes, cables, solid state, tube pre-amps etc.. there is a few of us that have been talking for months to each other, everyone is well seasoned audiophiles!, come on over!