ethernet connection for Netflix amazon etc.

Any advice in regards to streaming video connection.  Is it better to connect direct vie ethernet to TV or to A/V processor.  Example I have Mcintosh MX 122 A/V processor and LG C9 OLED.  If possible any advantage to connect to A/V processor then back to TV via HDMI as opposed to direct connect from router to tv.

Thanks

guyt
Amazon limits the resolution to 720p and audio to 2-channel stereo on all iOS devices such as iPhone, iPad, etc.  However, the Amazon resolution is not limited when using an Android device (android phone/tablet and any media player that uses Android O/S such as the Zappiti or Zidoo players).  If you know for a fact that the resolution is not limited on AppleTV, then maybe it is the exception.  NOTE: that the AppleTV could still be outputting 1080p or 4K to the TV, even though the Amazon app is limiting the resolution internally.

As regards to Erik's statement.  I have evaluated the Amazon FireTV cube.  It is surprisingly good for a small device that uses a switching wal-wart power supply.  However, the sound is a bit bright and harsh.  I compared this to a TIVO unit that is using a Teradak linear power supply and tested Amazon streaming.  The TIVO unit with linear power supply just blew away the FireTV cube in both video and audio quality.  Video was sharper and more saturated and bolder in color.  Audio was extremely good without any harshness.  Both of these were tested using the same HDMI cable into the same TV.

Also, not all HDMI cables are created equally.  They all have different results in both video and audio.
Post removed 
I use a Roku Ultra and have been very happy. I stream Hulu Plus and Netflix. It also enables me to stream my Blu Ray collection from JRiver Media Center through their media player. I still can't figure out (I would love too) why the surround sound tracks are not picked up by my NAD and have just about given up.  It is really not a huge issue, because I really only use the feature when my son wants to watch his disney movies, so the physical disc stays in great shape.
For what its worth I have my Firestick HR plugged into my Oppo 205. Netflix picture quality in 4K is awesome!

ozzy