Esoteric Master Clock

Hello to all,

I'm new here and this is my first post. I've read older posts on this subject so I am interested in knowing if time has put things in perspective.
I own an Esoteric K-07Xs CDP and am considering adding a G-02x Master Clock to it; it's a considerable expense so I would love to know the impressions of those who have made the purchase. I am aware of all the possible caveats - the diminishing returns, the idea that a very special 50 ohm cable might be needed, the suggestion to spend the money on another amp or speakers or music, etc. - but what I am really interested in here are the opinions of those who are fully satisfied and why, as well as the objections of those who are not.

Thanks for any useful contribution,
Max
martinguitars
…...however, you will need to make sure that the signal's of the master clock and your cd player are both the same in order to get the best sonic results. There are some really good companies out there who are manufacturing master clocks but the ones I was interested
in provided only a square wave signal and my Esoteric cd player does accept both square and sine wave  ; but it is very important that the signals should both match for optimum results. You also need to make sure the signal's out put of the master clock and CD player are both at 10hmz's. If these both don't match there is a good possibility that it will not sound '' right '' or you will not hear a real big difference when you add a master clock. Just my 2 cents after looking into this topic for the past 2 months - ( see my posts )    
I agree going the pro audio route. Clocks like this are standard in studios but are considered options in consumer systems. You generally don't see the crazy mark ups in the pro audio world.

Something like the Mutec MC3+USB would be substantially less costly and most likely provide the same level of improvement.

Wondering how Max/MartinGuitars made out--did you get the Esoteric G-02X clock to pair with your K-07Xs CDP?  I purchased the K-03XD CDP less than two years ago and it blew me away.  My dealer was trying to convince me at the time to add the G-02X clock but I was tapped out $-wise.  So I've got the upgrade bug again and I am giving serious thought to that clock.  He still has one in stock.

Anyway, curious if anyone else has experience with that clock since the thread was last posted to.