Esoteric K-01

Has anybody had an opportunity to listen to the recently announced Esoteric K-01? I was also wondering about the price. Thanks
thefirstchorus
Arnaud,
Thank you for your interesting and informative reply. I tried some high end headphones including a pair of Stax (I think they retailed for about $1000) a couple of years ago, but the dealer did not have a careful setup, no headphone amp, and I don't recall what we used as the source. I didn't buy because I was not impressed. But a great sounding head phone system would be quite useful, especially if it sounds as good as you describe. Do you feel Stax makes the best headphone? What is their top of the line model and price? What is the best headphone amp/model today (Stax, or other brand)?
I have started a thread on the best earphone/headphones and dedicated amps. I think it is an interesting topic.
Dear Matjet, I own the current top of the line:
> Omega 2 MkII headphone (referred as SR-007A), retailing for 1500-2000USD I think.
> SRM-727A amplifier, this is the solid state version which retails for about 1500USD (you'd need to check where you live, Stax is notoriously expensive outside of Japan). There is also a tube top end Stax amplifier (SRM-007t I think It's called), which is similar price to the SRM-727A but I prefer the former with my Omega 2.
> The prototype C32 headphone is going to be more expensive, probably in 4-6kUSD range which is getting seriously expensive for a headphone, but again will outperform 40kUSD speakers on several levels.

For the rest, I will post in the other thread...
arnaud