Equalizer in a Hi Fi system

Just curious to hear everyone’s opinions on using an equalizer in a high end hi fi system. Was at work tonight and killing time and came across a Schitt Loki max $1500 Equalizer with some very good reviews. What are some of the pros / Benefits and cons in using one. Just curious. BTW. I’m talking about a top of the line. Hi end equalizer. Mostly to calm some high frequencies and some bad recordings. 

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman

As I keep listening to MA in my big rig, I am impressed upon by a couple of thoughts. One is that I have posted too much here and now no one cares to listen to me. The second thought is that that occurring at this point in time is tragic because this EQ is the easiest to use, the most transparent on bypass (completely transparent, like Loki Max and Lokius), with the best sounding band boosts and best signal integrity with master gain cuts (so the signal still pristine but not too hot with band boosts).  In other words, this is a perfect hardware EQ for any hi fi system, no matter the cost, if you wish to alter bass and treble without degrading ANYTHING. Period. Having now heard in my home 5 pro pieces (all valued new at 3-6K) and the Loki Max, I would say two things. 1. I know what I’m talking about. And 2. I seriously doubt, and I mean this, that there is a better sounding hardware EQ on the planet for tone adjustment in your hi fi system. 
Yes, it’s frustrating the crickets. You all know how much I love my Charter Oak. This is the only one that’s better with no drawbacks. 
IF YOU LOVE YOUR HI FI AND WISH YOU COULD ADJUST BASS AND TREBLE FOR DIFFERENT RECORDINGS, YOU OWE IT TO YOURSELF TO TRY ONE OF THESE. If 3200 is in your budget. Front end audio has a 30 d ret policy if you don’t like it. 

I'm glad you're enjoying the MA.I do check this thread from time to time and was interested in how this new unit would work out for you. Being a newbie to eqs I remain happy with the API and have no itch to upgrade yet.

I did get to show it off a couple of weeks ago to a music loving friend. He's a huge Beatles fan so he chose several favorite tracks and really enjoyed how those old recordings could be cleaned up and tweaked a bit.The articulation of Paul's bass especially. Then he wanted to listen to this band and that band,etc.A really fun evening.

It’s whatever works for you. 

I used to rely on a DBX back in the 1970s - 1980s. It was among the best in its day. It helped me kill the shoutiness of my Altecs. Today I no longer need nor use it. 

if you would like to try it out before you spend big $$$s, contact me through my website. You may even find that the DBX will do the job. Having been sitting around for decades, it may need new caps. 

theaudioatticvinylsundays.com

Thanks @jtcf for the response. And @unreceivedogma, you are right. Whatever works for you. I am just hoping to save any other avid EQers some trial and error, as I’ve made it my sub hobby to explore as many high end hardware EQs as I can. To both of you, happy listening!

@jtcf, I also have had evenings with friends and family like that as well. You know you have gear that is doing something special when this happens. Great feeling!  Enjoy. API is renowned in studio circles and makes great gear.