Equalizer in a Hi Fi system

Just curious to hear everyone’s opinions on using an equalizer in a high end hi fi system. Was at work tonight and killing time and came across a Schitt Loki max $1500 Equalizer with some very good reviews. What are some of the pros / Benefits and cons in using one. Just curious. BTW. I’m talking about a top of the line. Hi end equalizer. Mostly to calm some high frequencies and some bad recordings. 

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman

@mirolab ,

One more trick you can do, if you know a few words in a thread's heading. Go to google and type like this:

"equaliser in a hifi system" site:audiogon.com

I purposely made the spelling mistake in "equalizer". But Google got me THIS thread as the FIRST hit. That last part is very important. "site:" followed by the specific site you want to search. You might be aware of this, but I thought this might help others.

@milpai  Thanks, that's a great tip. Didn't know that.

But it does make sense.  Many times the official Help within a program is lacking, and I just ask the same technical question in Google and get the answer I need. Very often there's a Youtube video showing me how to use the feature I want! 

I found another new to ship high end analog pro balanced EQ that has full function stereo ganged controls with stereo link. You can operate in full stereo link from EITHER side, L or R, all the dials. Which is GREAT. it’s by Wes Audio with both tube and transformer balanced output. Super product. Call NGTubeEQ. Cool 6 grand, but looks uber high end. Serious EQ! 🎶😊