Entry-level speakers

Hi, I'm just starting out on a decent system. My source is a music hall mmf-5, and I'm considering the PSB Image 4Ts. In about 15 months I'll be moving away to college, and needless to say, I probably won't have a huge listening room. Until then, I'll be listening in my current bedroom which must be about 350 ft^2. Does anyone have an opinion on the 4Ts ability to fill a large room and sound decent in a cramped room? Would the 5/6/7 Ts be overkill? I like the 1Bs, but there's so little bass, and they sound small. I've also heard some B&Ws, Vandersteens, and Martin Logans...each of which sounded good, but probably wouldn't be practical for me. Are there any other speakers I should listen to? Other than space requirements, my only other major limitation is money. I have saved up about 10 thousand and I'd like to use roughly 15 hundred to two thousand on my system (speakers, amp, cables, etc). Thanks in advance for any help.
boxingnun
I would recommend you audition the Energy Connisour C-1. Absolutely fantastic loudspeaker for small/mediun sized room. An audio bargain for I believe $300 retail. I've owned the Spendor S3/5(Superb loudspeaker), Harbeth's, JM Labs, Kef's, PSB's and I personally find the C-1 superior to them all.
Does anyone have the PSB stratus minis? I like PSB but the Image bookshelves sound too small. Can anyone describe the difference between the Minis and the Image 4ts?
Dana Audio 1 monitor for ~ $250 (new) have been on Sensible Sound's recommended list for years. Deservedly so. I have a pair I bought off Ebay for $105.

I also own Tyler Reference Monotors ($1100 used; $2450 new) and the Dana's are every bit as enjoyable at times, depending on equipment matchup. Different voice, different quality; still the Dana's are for real. You can live with them for a long time and never be ashamed of the sound. Passive sub is available to match the 1's for $250; active for $350. First class budget set-up. Well reviewed.

I've never seen Dana mentioned here and really wonder why. Anyone else with experience?

Green Mountain Audio Europa's are becoming legend, it appears. Comfortably under $1000 and you would never likely want to trade up. Just add a subwoofer down the road. Or not. These speakers are special.

Axiom M3ti, only $275 and superb performance. Checkout the Soundstage! review at www.axiomaudio.com