Emotiva xpa 1 monos

Any love here for xpa 1 monos?While I didn't hear a (big) difference between my Xpa 2 and my xpa 1 mono amps,I'm happy with the price to performance of these amps.I had a McIntosh mc 205 that I sold for upgrade money for better speakers. I replaced it with a Xpa 5 amp.While the McIntosh might have sounded a hair better in bass control it didn't sound 5 grand better! I think Emo xpa 1 's  are  good value!
corvette01
I have multiple XPA1 gen 2 and XPA 100 amps.   They power two separate music systems and a five channel home theatre. For listening to music I run a pair of XPA 1's in class A mode with a Cary tube pre and an Oppo 105D as one source. Speaker are Van L Quartettes (modified).  For me It is a joy to listen to everytime I fire it up.  The XPA-1s have a strong attack, and reveal detail and subtleties through out the spectrum.   The XPA 100s run an older set of Martin Logans and in the sweet spot they offer a powerfully detailed sound.  Also Emotiva has been great on customer support.
 Yes the xpa-1 amps are nice!The only complaint so far are the wide spread speaker posts.The posts are way to far apart for most wires!
Yes I have compared their sound, through B&Ws, using high def digital and Mac2500 tube pre, to other amps -tube Primaluna and Audio Space,; solid state Mac, Marantz and Bryson----- they hold their own and I would say lower Hi-Fi, definitely not midfi (which you hear once in awhile sadly), but not the very best, except for the price and there they really are best for the buck by a very very large margin!!
One of the better reviews of the original xpa -1 amp is called Ryan's Banter.I enjoyed the honest and tell it like it is type of review of these amps.No more sales at Emotiva anymore and prices are going up!I still believe in buy the best speakers you can!
I have never had 1 complaint about Emotiva.I also use their amps daily,never had a problem or sound issue and they have great support techs.