Emmylou Harris, "Red Dirt Girl"

Category: Music

When I first heard this CD,(released in 2000), on my "big rig" it sounded very good but I liked rather than loved it. Recently, I was restricted to headphones (Sennheiser 600s into SF Line 2 preamp), and when I listened to this CD it suddenly seemed much more dynamic and detailed. IMO this is a great CD, and after picking up the detail from the headphones, it now sounds much better in with my Vand. 3As, but still somewhat more congested compared to the Senn. 600s-- I think it's a room/acoustics thing along with the distinctly "processed" sound of this CD. Any comments on this one? Cheers. Craig.
garfish

Showing 2 responses by sol322

Thanks for your input, I really apreciate your comments and also added a couple of pieces to my wish list.
With music I try to get input from different sources but I put more value on suggestions from Audiogon members.
Do you think that the ratings that show in Allmusic.com are helpful? Interesting to note that Paulwp rating for Elite Hotel is close to what´s in Allmusic. I really consider that we as a group look more for interpretation quality and sonics (not as much from the commercial success the record has had). This makes our music finding quest a little harder than "normal" consumers. Regards
Garfish Spyboy is on my favorite disc list and is always kept "handy" I don't own Wrecking ball would you guys rate it vs Spyboy if possible.
Thanks