Emission Labs 300B vs Shuguang Black Treasure

Hi All,
I want to upgrade the 300B tubes on my Wavac EC-300B amp. At the moment I am still using the stock tubes which are a pair of standard Shuguang 300B-98. I did try out a Shuguang trasure tube some time back. It made for an over all richer sounding tones and slightly lower noise floor. However I am more intrigued by the emission Labs standard 300B solid plate tubes. They seem to be built better and claim to have lower distortion too. Can some one help me with the sonic signature of the Emission labs 300b vs Shuguang treasure ? I also thought of considering the Sophia Mesh or Carbon tubes but I am a bit skeptical about their reliability.
pani

Showing 2 responses by rlowe

Pani;
i have exactly the same dilemma. i currently own the black bottles (2yrs), and wonder if i should continue with them(now the psane's), or buy emission. The emissions themselves present another so called dilemma, their regular 300b, or the xls version.
i have been happy so far with the shuguang-z's, however i dont know if the psvanes will be the same, better, or worse.
Trouble is that, and the emissions are about double the cost.

Audio nirvana is so difficult to reach ;) !
Charles
Just out of curiosity how many hours (usable) would you estimate you obtained with the shuguang's? And do you anticipate a significant increase in usable hours for the EML,s? I once had a pair of JJ's go well over 5000 hours (before they became too finiky to bias, ie not very stable), thats about the best lenght of service i have yet achieved for a (any) 300bs.
The shuguangs i currently have in are still chugging along. Sadly i really dont know how many hours they have. There is a plus facotor in my case, my wife really doesnt keep track of her listening time. :).

Rob