EMC1 upgraded versus MKII

Electrocompaniet EMC1 modified with 24/192 upgrade kit, compared to a factory-supplied MKII version of the player, any differences? Yes, yes, I know they should sound identical in theory, but I'd like to hear from someone who has actually done an A/B within the same system.
ral
Brulee: Yes, I agree it would probably be a tough choice and very subjective and system-dependent (even though I haven't heard all the CDP's listed). Regarding the Aero (I assume the Capitole), how did you find its bass compared to the EMC1? I've read a few web posts where people were a bit concerned about the bass being too warm/ripe (relative to other players), though still enjoyable. BTW, I recently borrowed a EMC1-24/192 to hear in my home, and it really is more musical in all respects than the earlier EMC1.
Hi, I had my EMC 1 upgraded to 24/192 status at SOS and I am very happy with the improvement. One thing I did not expect though was I have to raise my volume on my preamp (SF Line 2SE) from my usual 60 setting to about 72-74 to reach the same volume.I was told that this could happen when you do the upgrade and it depends on what version your original EMC-1 is (Yes, even though they are the original 24/96 version they also have different version as I found out when I did my upgrade). Anyway, like I said before I'm very happy with the upgrade as I thought the original version could not get any better, it did.
I just purchased an EMC1 with 24/192 upgrade, an awesome sounding player, definately one of the very best. I agree that the MKII designation is confusing since there is no EMC1 MKII, only EMC1 with dealer or distributor upgrade to 24/192. However, I have heard that the EMC1 has gone through some design/manufacturing changes since it was originally released. Changes and/or improvements have been made and incorporated into production with the latest units out of the factory having the most recent updates. For example, if you look at older units, the power cord is in the center on the back of the player, and there's a main power switch above the IEC. On new units like mine, the power cord is on the left side of the back of the player, and there's no longer a main power switch on the back. It would be interesting to compare an original EMC1 with a current production (non-upgraded) EMC1 to se if there are sonic differences.
I own the EMC without the upgrade and my friend has one with the upgrade. I bypassed the add on upgrade after hearing the Kora Hermes DAC (tube) - I bought the Kora and use the EMC as a transport - The Kora has the 24/192 and just presents a better soundstage and naturalness to the music that I do not hear with just the EMC or the upgraded EMC. As a transport the EMC is great.
To Ljgj: That's an interesting alternative. I haven't heard the Kora Hermes. Did you have a chance to try any other 24/192 DAC's that feature tubes, e.g. Audio Aero? How is the bass with the Hermes? (Some tube CDP's seem to provide too much warmth in the mid-bass.). Thanks.