Elekit TU-8600S. Best 300B’s?

Just finished building the Elekit TU-8600S kit.  Got the “cheap(er)” Cossar 300B’s with it, just in case I made a mistake and blew up the tubes.

Candidly I’m shocked how good this amp sounds.  Soundstage is wide and deep, SQ is very detailed and transparent.  Drums sound like drums, organ pedals shake the room.

The question is, are the new Western Electric 300B’s enough of an upgrade to be worth $1,500/pair, or is there more bang for the buck with another tube?

dougthebiker

Showing 2 responses by dougthebiker

Took the plunge and got the new Western Electric 300B’s from the Georgia plant.

All I can say is Whoa!

I thought this amp was great before.  The difference now is I can’t stop listening.  Every track I play makes me think of another I just have to hear with the new tubes.

And given the 5 year warranty, they are a long-term bargain.

Highly recommended!

@markusthenaimnut I'm with you there!  Loving the Elekit 300B amp.  Reveals everything my sources have to give.

But I always like to have a spare set of tubes on hand, especially since I'm going to sell my old monoblocks now, since the Elekit is so much better.  And if I'm going to buy more tubes, I'd like them to be endgame quality - but I don't want to spend twice as much for 5% better SQ.