Electric bill any high

My electric bill has almost doubled since I added streamer and DAC. . How can I reduce consumption?

My Spectral amp and MIT Powerbar are plugged into the wall. My Spectral CD player, Spectral preamp, Aurender Streamer, and Berkeley DAC are plugged into s MIT Powerbar.

My preamp and DAC are always on. As is the Z powerbar. My CD player is on standby. I turn off the amp and streamer.

Is there snythungvi can do or do I just have to pay the Man for this expensive hobby.

Ag insider logo xs@2xasamuelson

If you live in Arizona it's your electric utility nearly doubling rates over the past 5 years !

I believe you power amp is pure Class A. Unless it has new, advanced technology like Krell iBias it will draw considerable power while in standby and even idle mode. I believe my Krell 300 XD draws like 2 watts in standby. 

Regardless, I live in Arizona and am installing solar this month as @wyoboy referenced so soon most of my power bills will be a thing of the past. 

Your other gear (streamers and DACS), draw very little current . 

I'm more inclined to believe that your electric rates have gone up. Anyway as soon as this economic down-turn hit they have raised food prices, insurance rates on both cars and homes and many other goods and services. This is their way of helping people to get through!

Many utilities have website apps where you can see your watt-hour consumption on a hourly/daily basis. This can help you troubleshoot by looking for the times where the peaks or anomalies occur. Hopefully it's something simple like a neighbor plugging his electric car into your outdoor socket, or a nearby homeless camp with a really long extension cord using your outdoor receptacle.