Egglestonworks Andra II: How difficult a load?

I'd like to upgrade to these speakers. They will be paired with Cary CAD 211 AE monoblocks in a 20ft x 25ft room. Will I have enough power to drive them given their 4ohm load with 89dB efficiency? I like to play loud rock at times, although I mostly listen to jazz/blues/pop at moderate volumes. Unfortunately, I'm buying used and I can't audition them with my amps.

Thanks all.
robal
Dev, this is a very subjective hobby. But, the most critical link, according to my opinion, is to find the right amplification for a given speakers. That is where the crucial synergy necessary. If one does not have the right synergy, no source or cabling or any other typical high-end sound treating tricks helps. My goal was to support Kurt-tank opinion, and warn Robal that he may need to invest heavily into amplification, especially if he likes blues/pop and not lush and romantic sound of violin sonatas. Actually, your example is also underlines this opinion. I am sure that with 600 watt monoblocks you also don"t not have any problem to drive these speakers. But may be there are some differences between a 100 watt tube amplification and 600 watt solid state monsters.
I always found that Cardas is boring and sluggish. About amplification....Ayre makes some super fine amps.
Most everyone is mentioning amplifiers. I think that the preamplifier is just as important. I own a pair of Egglestonworks Andra II's, which are being driven by a pair of Pass Labs 600.5 monoblocks. When being driven directly by my Wadia cd player or with a former Pass Labs X 0.2 preamplifier or with a former Audio Research Reference 3 preamplifier in the chain, the speakers can sometimes be slightly "bass shy", unless driven above about 87db as measured on my Radio Shack db meter. However, I'm starting to think that the preamplifier matters as much or more than an amplifier. I have a new Pass Labs XP-10 preamplifier in the system now and I have never seen my bass drivers move as much as they do now, even at lower volumes. Just a thought, but changing to a different preamp may help as well. Disclaimer: I am a Egglestonworks, Wadia and Pass Labs dealer. Best regards, Stan
Talon4 funny you say that about pre's and amps, I sold my CAT mono blocks (list $40K)and have not yet replaced them and have been looking but I wanted some music so I have put some mono blocks in place that I found barried away in a corner at my place and likely over 20 years old. I have to chuckle because my first thoughts were these are a joke and just didn't get around to chucking them out, you know the type that have two push buttons to insert cable so you then have to strip the wire. Darn I have two pairs of Stealth Dream speaker cables list at $8K a pair and can't even use them, never mind the Dream power cords as the amps have their own and pretty well the same size as a lamp cord.

Well I found some speaker cables that have 8 single runs inside and went through the effort of sorting and testing to confirm each one was in phase then tried to hook-up. Well that was a no go, remember the speaker cable plugins on the amps too small. Went and found some other cables and did the process over again and they barely fit in but ti was done.

I know this is going on and on but I had a laugh and figured I mise well share with others too. I can't believe the sound I'm getting, it's just absolutely unbelievable. Now you can't really crank it or it sounds not very good but at moderate listening volumes I have to say I'm just amazed and it is very listenable. A friend called me and we chatted for a bit and I told him I've got some new monoblocks in place so he says he wants to drop by for a listen so I cover up my mystery amps and keep the lights dimmed down so he can't see what they are along with the cables and all you can see is the little red light glowing. He own's a very serious system, anyways he listens and then I turn up the lights and uncover the amps and he says "you gotta be kidding me" and says "I was just listening to those" He goes to me saying "you pulling a fast one on me" and thinks I have something else hooked up but then verifies himself after seeing the mickey mouse speaker cable set-up and just laughs.

These little Yamahahah's really kick but, so now I don't know what to think any more.

The system as it stands currently;

MBL101E speakers
Oracle 2000 trans
Accustic Arts Tube Dac
ARC REF3 pre
All Stealth IC's

I have been interrupted by others who have been calling while doing this thread as my friend is a real prankster and has put calls out to others we know, now he has not told anyone what the amps are but said ***** got a sweet deal going on with some mono blocks he is demoing right now.

Six individuals so far all asking what's the scoop bla! bla! and wanting to come over for a listen, now is this just too funny or what. Tomorrow is the day for the prank on everyone but I gotta say it sounds pretty darn good.

I own Andra IIs and run them with a BAT VK600SE. I have also used a DNA 500. So my experience has been only with these high current amps but I know one Andra owner using Dodd monoblocs with his Andra IIs with great results.