Earliest serial Garrard 301 Hammertone known?

On January 01, 2011 One of my best friends gave me a Garrard 301 Hammertone #2074. I've collected (and regretfully parted) with a few Garrards over the years, but this one is in excellent condition - and by far the earliest Garrard that I know. Out of personal interest, I'm just wondering if anyone has seen a lower serial number 301 still in use today? Thanks to all, and happy listening!

Bob Cameron
cameronbs
I've got a few and the earliest I have is 1274. You are right. It does look like pot material and even though mine is pristine the finish is not as glossy at all like the beige version. I have many of those. Cheers
I know someone who has one with an even earlier number. I believe it is #501. I'll ask. Maybe he can provide a photo.
I have a 301 with #7053. I suspect it was produced in 1955. The same year I was born. Probably not accurate, but I like to think there is a connection. Had it tuned up by a guy in Indiana. works well, but when I turn it on, a ringing occurs for a second. Anyway, works fine.
I have #2265 which has a flat brake disc, which looks to be made of aluminum...just to add to the confusion ;)
Just saw one sell on epay that was restored by Classic #1522 but the finish was original but the platter was a later strobe cut one not the original. Not a complete original machine that still fetched £1399.90. Wow