EAD DSP7000 owners Need your opinions.

I've been running a Boelen modified DSP-7000 Mk.III for some time now, and have no desire to change it out. I just moved to a new preamp (Pass X1) and the combination of it and my amp are such that I really can't run the volume control past about 10 or 11 o'clock before I've hit my listening limit. I run the DSP7000 with the 6 dB "HDCD" digital attenuation switched out. I tried switching it in but wasn't sure if there wasn't some loss of low level detail. I intend to experiment some more, but do other DSP7000 owners feel this digital attenuation might have a negative effect on the sound?
tonyptony
sorry to hear about this....

you get get some evs attenutaors on the back of your pre of cd or lower the output of the dac (sorry, i know you didnt want to hear the last one...))

in regards to the HCCD....i dont know..

good luck..

mike
b
DSP7000 Mk.III owners! Still waiting to hear if anyone else has tried the HDCD digital attenuator. I've tried it, but I'm not sure I hear any downside to it. Hoping that someone is familiar enough with how EAD did it to tell if it does in fact hurt the signal in any way.
13yr old thread...Yes switch out 6db of attenuation on the dsp7000 mkIII (at least I did), otherwise non-hdcd’s have much lower output -the downside. Easy enough with the dip switch, other dacs you have to use a jumper wire on the pmd100 chip pins to get the same result. An annoying design so hdcd would be louder, thus perceived “better”.