Dynavector XV-1S tracking force issue

The max tracking force is 2.2g. HP and many suggesting tracking it beyond max recommended tracking force ie at abt 2.5-2.6g. Well HP spoke abt it few years ago and some of u posted yr experienced years ago. By now if u have been tracking it way above recommended tracking force U may experience some issue with your catridge or is it a non issue tracking it at above recommended max tracking force. I m interested in real life experience not merely opinion
Just bought myself this catridge and wonder whether I should experiment with higher tracking force. thks
128x128audioblazer

Showing 1 response by philb7777

I have been running my XV-1s at 2.174g. I found the sound in my system to be lean toward the brittle side at anything below 2.1g and above 2.3g think and ill-defined bass. I tried the weight up to 2.5-2.7g and just didn't get any sonic benefit. For what it's worth, I asked Mike at Toffco (importer of dyna carts) and he clearly stated that he wouldn't recommend the higher tracking force weights for causing issues with the suspension over the long haul. He said it was a common question based on HP quotes and he called Dyna in Japan and this was the answer he received.