Dynaudio Confidence 5 or Confidence 1 for this room????

Good Morning All,

Just chasing your thoughts on what speaker would be suited to a room that measures 13.43 ft width / 13.41 ft long. Volume 17.62 square metres.

I already own the C5 and was thinking of down sizing to the smaller C1. Speakers being driven by Atma-Sphere MA-2 mono blocks (220w per channel).

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers
che13
If i was you,i would treat the room and keep the C5s.
I've just got a pair from few days,and they play in a room slightly bigger than yours driven by a Gryphon DM100,with no problem at all.
Dont sell them,you will regret.
Regards
As a Dynaudio dealer and owner of the C1's myself, I feel they are more than capable of filling that room. My room is 14'x20'x11'.

I have no real-world experience with your amplifiers, but I highly recommend that you give consideration to giving the C1's a fair amount of power. I'm using the Halo JC1's.
Thanks all for the feed back.

The C5 is a lot more expensive speaker (3 way). They are power hungry, but for what I'm going to sell the C5 for, it will really just cover the price of the C1 with stands second hand. May hold onto them as they are a fantasic speaker hands down.

Cheers
Chel13 - probably a good idea to stick with what you have. Treating your room would go a long way to minimizing slap echo, deflection & booming bass. I spent approx. $700 with GIK Acoustics for 8 panels (4" x 2 ft x 4 ft), and it was the best money I've spent.