Dynaco Stereo 120

I was looking through the for sale pages of a website and came across the images of the insides of a Dynaco Stereo 120
https://img.usaudiomart.com/uploads/2020/09/15/user_148995_large_b4f2d47a507010bc64bd6919d7fe4309.jpg

It was evident that a winding around the capacitor was done, does anyone know why?
Is it an electromagnet that has been wound, or simply to introduce inductance, is this an old lost technique?

I am curious, and figured someone in Agon might know?
128x128rixthetrick

Showing 3 responses by rixthetrick

I just read a review on this amplifier and it read pretty well. I don't suppose either of you have heard one?

I purchased an amplifier and I know that somewhere down the road, probably after I've finished paying off the mortgage, I'll be looking again.
@gs5556
Thanks, I'd never seen it done before, quite ingenious way to filter the output like that. I suppose it's a technique used for a long time? It's new to me.

@oldhvymec - not sure of the lipstick comment, but yeah when I saw it I thought it looked both aftermarket and neat. Clever stuff to be sure.
Kenny - I was looking around your Facebook pages, that red ST120.. Man that is a thing of beauty. I wire up RTU panels for my PLC and SCADA for oilfield tank batteries and I am fussy about what I put out also.
Your wiring is top notch, absolutely clean and neat (I said that oldhvymec) and it sure is.

So in the review, it stated Dynaco weren’t moving over to SS until it came up with a product at least as good as their valve amps. You know this device as good as anyone I suspect, did they get it right?