Dynaco Stereo 120

I was looking through the for sale pages of a website and came across the images of the insides of a Dynaco Stereo 120
https://img.usaudiomart.com/uploads/2020/09/15/user_148995_large_b4f2d47a507010bc64bd6919d7fe4309.jpg

It was evident that a winding around the capacitor was done, does anyone know why?
Is it an electromagnet that has been wound, or simply to introduce inductance, is this an old lost technique?

I am curious, and figured someone in Agon might know?
128x128rixthetrick

Showing 2 responses by oldhvymec

Sure did a nice job, no lipstick on that one, very clean..
Sure not stock, ay? I've seen the winding before.
This person, took a lot of time for sure, quite an artist!!

Wonder what his point to point looks like..

Regards
You know, all paint and no parts, kind of stuff, Mrs Piggy, and Kerman the frog.  LOL Lipstick on a pig, is still lipstick on a pig..

That is a nice job.. No sales, slickum' :-)

I've seen a few guys look at something, move a thing or two and the whole thing cleans up.

I'm working on a 3 Carys a little bit at a time.. Talk about a factory mess.

I'm almost to the point of rip and replace. I have 5 or 6 wires and some turret boards left.. Sure sound good took 6 months of chasing a sound, and swapping parts, now to clean it the rest of the way up. I actually feel like it..

One of my favorites is the HK Citation I and II. I've seen those done and looked like art work inside. Carver and Decware are over the top too, Decware even more so, I owned a pair of 60s, PURE ART..

Regards