DVD vs. LD visually.

I'm about to get some DVD player(only visual quality I do care for) and think about getting some DVD collection. I have LD player and certainly small LD collection of my favorite Holywood and none-Holywood movies. Does it make a sence to sell my LD player with collection and get DVD?
128x128marakanetz
Well I have painted myself in the corner.-- DVD--progressive-- is MUCH better than my Theta Data 3.
Like most of you all I have NOT purchaced duplicate titles--(that I can recall)--Opps,got Braveheart dvd as a gift,that doesn't count,right?--Hell Freezes Over looks better on dvd, sounds better on LD!--Opps, another duplicate. Better go take inventory,there might be more duplicates.
Can't say that i've watched a lot of laser discs, but out of what i have seen, DVD is typically better. The LD player that i have may need calibration though. Given the cost of the unit and how little i've used it, i've been afraid to take it in for alignment. It is a commercial unit that Pioneer Pro marketed and retailed for somewhere around $4K -$5K. Out of the few movies that i have seen with it, i was not overwhelmed. Then again, i don't think that those specific movies were recorded all that great to begin with. Sean
>
Keep both. I compared the Last Of the Mohicans on both DVD and LD, and while the DVD beat the LD version hands down on DVD, sound quality of the LD was better - low end had more timber and punch. You can't get some movies like Raiders of The Lost ARk and Star Wars on DVD, yet. Pioneer has some DVD/LD combos that you can get used, although you won't be able to get the latest progressive scan machines.