dropout streaming

I have noticed very brief dropout of musical notes streaming certain songs on Qobuz.  It is often, but not always, at the same spot in a song.  Makes me think it is Qobuz itself, but it could be the internet itself.  anyone else have this issue.  thoughts?

128x128jw944ts

Showing 5 responses by jw944ts

I dont recall this  being a problem when  I used the Benchmark DAC 3b.....I need to go back to that and see if the problem persists

@jl35 , well, I have never had a complaint during my experience with Qobuz, and Im 99.99% certain my current problem is NOT Qobuz

SO, the problem is ONLY with this particular DAC; when I switch back to my Benchmark, it does not occur....I dont want to say anything negative about the DAC brand, as so far the owner of the company has been responsive and I am sure it will  be addressed adequately...I have no clue how to explain why the  dropout only happens with certain  tracks, or why, on those tracks, it recurs in the  same places.....

The manufacturer seems to be exploring the possibility that my streamer has too

much jitter, but I am skeptical. I don’t get dropout on my other DAC. I will try another streamer soon .  I don’t get dropout when I use it as DAC for CD playback