Double blind test- over a month- could this be a reliable test for any equipment?

I am aware there are lots of debate about the merit of the double-blind test.Reading lots of articles online makes me feel overwhelmed and also confusing- you could have a totally opposite view of the same piece of equipment and system.
msnpassion
Yes, let's make ourselves even more anachronistic by putting our heads down back into the sands of subjectivity. Down with blind listening tests! Not our reality. 

On the other hand we can be grateful that aeronautics, automobiles, broadcasting, computing, engineering, healthcare, and satellite navigation don't follow suit!

Audio is not life and death, so there is nothing seriously wrong with following subjective impressions, but only as long as you remember that - that is all they are - subjective impressions.

On the other hand if you are looking for truth, then the scientific method is a better way. One that has been adopted by the civilised world for centuries.

cd318421
Yes, let’s make ourselves even more anachronistic by putting our heads down back into the sands of subjectivity. Down with blind listening tests! Not our reality.

On the other hand we can be grateful that aeronautics, automobiles, broadcasting, computing, engineering, healthcare, and satellite navigation don’t follow suit!

>>>>>Do you think Boeing used blind testing on the software for the 737s that crashed?

On the other hand if you are looking for truth, then the scientific method is a better way. One that has been adopted by the civilised world for centuries.

>>>>>Double blind testing is not inherently the scientific method any more than any other kind of testing. Nice try! Besides results of subjective listening is empirical data, also part of the scientific method. 🤗

Thier certainly is a difference between R@D and testing to come up with a product or test Airplanes compared to how a normal human would listen to music at home.

In what scenario would a person take back an AMP/Cable that they heard a positive difference in normal listening conditions but got a Null result in a DBY/ABX test?

Regardless of a the DBT or ABX test I’m going to keep whatever products end up sounding better in my system.

I just don’t see the actual practical use for them for normal consumers cause no matter the test results I’m keeping what sounds better in my system
Seems like a parlour trick to me designed to confuse people and mask real world and even audibly measurable differences, let’s see how we can get NULL results on everything possible
+1
Audio is not life and death, so there is nothing seriously wrong with following subjective impressions, but only as long as you remember that - that is all they are - subjective impressions
As are the impressions of those under test. Their hearing is still completely subjective whilst the testing is being touted as objective. There's a lot of conflating going on there. The parlor trick of A/B testing can reduce any  desired result to that of chance. You're not listening for pleasure. You're listening under test conditions. No matter how "objective" you think you can be, that very aspect is constantly weighing in on your conclusions. 

The very nature of a test implies the ability to discern so it's inherent that you expect change. Now, factor in the "cheat" of implying a change, only to not do so. That is the reason the mind may perceive a change in a quick test scenario. It's just a trick. 

Any legitimate evaluation is done over the long term with equipment and music you are familiar with. It is then that you can be comprehensive and confident in your evaluation when you change something.

All the best,
Nonoise
Blind tests are in reality almost never performed. I hate to judge these things too critically but it appears blind tests are primarily a ploy by naysayers and pseudo skeptics to try to argue their case that such and such cable or tweak must be bogus. “I bet it won’t pass a double blind test.”