DOGE 10 MK3

Hello to all. 

In the midst of the pandemic, financial woes forced me to sell my Cary CAD120s MKII amp, and my Cary SLP-98L preamp..

Im now ready to jump back in. 

For a change, Im looking at 2 Integrated Chinese manufactured units. 

The Doge 10 MK3, and the Line Magnetic 805ia. 

The Doge , when properly tubed, will run about $2800 complete. I have found a brand new boxed LM 805ia. Price shipped will be $3800. 

Ive seen rave reviews for both units, and would to hear any input on the opinions of both. Especially the DOGE, being $1000 to the light side. 

Thanks to all. 

128x128wchwsky

Id go with the LM 805

I love the SET magic.

Now you have to consider,  cayin CS845 vs the LM 805]

Im a Cayin fan, so thats my vote, Both LM and cayin have stunning designs, inner components, High quality, priced about same.

Can't go wrong with either, Lets not forget Muzishare as well.

Speakers will be the critical component. 

You will need a  speaker purely neutral (not coloraed in any degree) and higher sens.

Lets us know  how it  went.

Speakers are Meadowlark Audio Shearwater Hot Rods.. A very neutral 2 way with a 1st order crossover design. Sensitivity in that 87-89 dB range. Small listening room, approximately 11x10.  

I have the Doge 10 Mk3 for 4 months.  I find it very detailed,  dynamic,  able to image very well, extremely well packaged and made. So far,  no complaints.  I believe it compares very favorably to an old  BAT 5000 Power Amp I had 10 yr ago, which weighed about 80lbs and cost 5 grand. I think Dodge 10 weighs about 55 lbs

Good luck, Jim.

@jimger - assuming you live in the US, did you have to pay an import duty?  N/A if you’re not in the US.