Does raising speaker cables off the floor really make a big difference?

My cables are laying on the floor (in a mess), would raising them off the floor really make much of a difference? The problem is they are quite wide and too long  http://mgaudiodesign.com/planus3.htm so any suggested props are appreciated!  Cheers
spoutmouzert
Instead of a discussion, it takes it's usual tack and becomes open mike night, again. All the negative comments gloss over the fact that all of this can be done on the cheap and anyone can try it. Red herrings abound as valid points and dog piling ensues. 

Carry on my tin eared friends
There's no peace when you are done
Close your mind to how things sound
You'll still cry all the more👍

All the best,
Nonoise
With mono block power amps and 3 foot speaker cables , mine can't reach the floor .

jnorris2005

I can’t believe the ghost of Enid Lumley is still with us. That woman has done more to advance the snake oil industry than anyone else. I remember her going on about the audio qualities of different kinds of shellac on floors. I still have many of the Absolute Sound issues where she writes in.

>>>>Enid may have been slow but she was ahead of you.
I'll throw out this general statement. Static and electromagnetic energy degrade the end result(what comes out of your speakers).Every component is affected,cables,power cords,amps CD players,orDACS.The presence of  or lack of this energy,is why your system sounds better some days,and not so good on others.