Does raising speaker cables off the floor really make a big difference?

My cables are laying on the floor (in a mess), would raising them off the floor really make much of a difference? The problem is they are quite wide and too long  http://mgaudiodesign.com/planus3.htm so any suggested props are appreciated!  Cheers
spoutmouzert
sigh.  Folks that claim to be engineers.... but who don't actually measure with scientific instruments.... 

if there is REALLY a change (in some systems there is, in many there is not....lots of complex reasons for this.  I will not give you a scholarly education on this.  not my job).. if there really is a change.. then it CAN BE MEASURED.  If your ears can hear a change then that MUST MEAN the audio waveform coming out of the speakers has changed.  If the waveform changes, it can be measured.  High end spectrum analyzers can easily resolve audio signals.  And are far more sensitive than the human ear.  

So, when someone claims big things.. I say show me the measurement.  NOT a subjective impossible to quantify.. "my ears or my ear "training" or my sense of hearing are more evolved an better than yours" like most claim. 

Humans are notoriously susceptible to suggestion and creative bias in perceptions.  

IF YOU CAN HEAR IT, it can be MEASURED.  

Science.  Engineering.  Not subjective opinions.

Now if you do measure, you will find that for some combinations of cables and equipment.... raising them does help a wee bit.  But this is not the case for almost all set ups.  There are so many large effects that would need to be fixed first that to get down to the need to raise cables would be fairly low on the list.  The effect is very tiny.  
sailboat
So, when someone claims big things.. I say show me the measurement. 

>>>>>I’ll show you mine if you show me yours. 
Seems as though generated a lot of sarcasm, so I'll spare you because I believe you asked your question with a genuine concern.  Here is an article you should read from top to bottom.  Please google-"Roger Russell/speakerwire" and educate yourself. As a matter of fact all that haven't already read this article should do so.  Hope you will find peace on your audio journey.
sailboat
... if your ears can hear a change then that MUST MEAN the audio waveform coming out of the speakers has changed ...So, when someone claims big things.. I say show me the measurement.  NOT a subjective impossible to quantify..
This is a hobbyist's group - not  a scientific group - so while you can ask others to do measurements for you, it's not likely that many will comply. Of course, you're free to conduct your own measurements, and then share the results with us.
Science.  Engineering.  Not subjective opinions.
This is a hobbyist's group, so opinions are welcome here.

Post removed