Does Power Cord Require Burn-In To Sound Good?

I recently bought a new power cord but there isn’t much difference in sound quality between this new cord and the previous Wireworld Elektra 7 which it replaces. The cords are used on the DAC.

Any ideas if the cord needs to burn in to open up and sound better? It currently has about 5 hours on it and I think I prefer the sound quality of the previous cord which costs 10 times cheaper.

Any thoughts appreciated.
ryder
@audio2design-      "Not sure who you think you are fooling with this?"      "....with some hard numbers what your claimed dielectric impacts would be on a power cord....."       Are you actually that obtuse?       I’ve, "claimed" nothing (hence: nothing to prove).       I’ve only pointed out that POSSIBILITIES exist, regarding those scientifically established (measurable and repeatable) changes that dielectrics go through, when an electric field is introduced.      Obviously; you’ve a serious problem with comprehension.     Then again: it’s probably that fevered, religious fervor, that has has your uneducated brain in turmoil.
You know what happens when we were recording and we detected a faulty power cord? We replaced it then shut the studio down for 2 weeks.

Sorry bit of professional humor. We replaced it. No one noticed. Usually it was replaced due to damage/safety not actually failing and we replaced with new. Generally heavy duty as they took a lot of abuse. Then again could be just that the artist forgot the power cord to their amp, synth, etc. Never once do I remember them insisting they had to run/fly home and get their own cord (or let it sit for several days).

Now obviously recording and playback are not the same but the people who make your music don’t fret over this, don’t even give it a thought actually (except hum and noise). For live recordings the equipment including orders of magnitude more sensitive microphone cables were probably set up that day or if lucky the day before and no one gave any thought to the power cords on mic preamps, mixer boards, amps, etc.

Oh, contacts ... That's where problems existed most of the time. Contact cleaner/enhancer is your friend and sometimes tools to fix a bent pin.
 Res Ipsa Loquitur is both a latin truism and a legal term describing certain accepted situations where negligence is implied without further proof. If the situation qualifies, it is a persuasive tool in proving a case.

On the other hand, the generic use of the term is less useful in mounting a persuasive argument. Res Ipsa Loquitur in a non-legal context is best thought of as the historic precursor to the modern day truism "it is what it is," the use of which is often accompanied by a smug smile or mike drop (after all, who can argue with that?)

While a latin phrase is perceived to add gravitas to an argument, the use of the phrase adds nothing substantive to the argument. It certainly doesn't end it.

Perhaps the parties should just "agree to disagree"...........