Does it make sense?

I have a Belkin PF60 power conditioner. I'm pretty happy with it, but...
I want to upgrade the power cords of my Bryston BDP-1, Bryston BDA-1 DAC and W4S STP-SE preamp, all plugged into the Belkin. The Belkin has a fixed power cord, with only 14 gauge cables.
Does it make sense to upgrade the components cords or should I replace the conditioner first? The other option I'm thinking of is upgrading the cord of the conditioner, but this involves some work.
leog2010

Showing 3 responses by rodman99999

YES and NO! You would probably hear an improvement(given the right cords), as everything is incremental, but- the present conditoner will be choke point, for the rest of the system(get a better one). Personally; I wouldn't bother replacing the cord on it either. You have nothing to lose, by experimenting though. You'll be buying new PCs for everything anyway, right?
I found it interesting that the component, in my system, calling for the least electricity of my socket(my phono stage @ <2A), exhibited the greatest improvement, through the use of a Hi-Fi Tuning Supreme fuse and an upgraded power cord(Zu Mother Mk II). The differences were not at all subtle either.
While you are experimenting with your new PCs: Compare your presentation with the Belkin out of the system completely, then with it only supplying your source and preamp(amps still direct from wall socket). BTW: Do you have dedicated lines to your listening room?