Does it hurt when you sell at a loss?

I've been into this audio hobby for 30 years, and I am afraid to actually tally up the money I have spent, as well as the money I have lost when I have either sold or traded in equipment. I'm sure there are other hobbies and habits that can cost quite a bit, but I have to wonder, when I see a Linn CD12 up for sale for 11k, does the original owner actually lose 9k in the process. How does everyone justify this behavior, or are we trapped psychologically somehow?
Thanks I would appreciate some feedback.
cody

Showing 2 responses by sol322

Garfish
Has your dear Mccormack endured "attacks" from tubed gear?
I´m stuck with lesser SS gear due to current economic constranings but some of my ´phile friends still swear by the tubed gear.....
Could you comment further, If you deem more appropriate drop me a private e-mail note
Thanks
Luis
Garfish:
The difference in presentation not necesarily means better and I agree 100 % with you that in this hobby, "ones ears" do rule and is a mistake to try to adapt your preferences to others...... I try to explore as many different options as I can with an open mind and ears and then I decide if they suit me or not....
Time will come when a much better SS amp will hit my listening space.... for the time being
Cheers!!!!!!