Does anyone own the Pass Labs X1 preamp?

There is almost NO discussion of this pre on Audiogon. Archives are bare bones.
judit
The Absolute Sound's Tony Cordesman did a review of the X-1 and the XOno phono stage awhile back. He found the X-1 to almost as good as its big brother, the X0. A friend has an X1 and is is not thin in the midrange at all. We have compared his X1 to my X0 and they are real close. Since I have upgraded to the X0.2, the gap between the two preamps has widened considerably.

What amps are you planning on using it with.
Currently I have Krell amplification. Not exactly the standard for warm. My goal for my system is (1) to improve resolution and detail (it is already EXTREMELY good at this), I want to hear instruments and voices individually - [well enough to score the music]- and (2) to hear each instrument sound naturally as it should. As I pursue these goals, world class soundstaging has been an automatic fringe benefit.

I have listened to tubes. Much to love here, but no sale so far. I would really like a solid state pre - but edgy is out. The pass labs X1 is in my price range, and I hoped might provide the resolution, separation between instruments and natural accuracy I want but without glare. The X0, is out of my price range.

Thanks for any feedback you can provide.
I think the Krells matched to the Pass would be OK, but not exactly synergestic.

A good interim between tube and solid state is the Herron preamp, a tube heart but the soul of a solid state (did I really just write that?). Tight bass, fast transients, and liquid like mids and highs without the dark signature of tubes.

If it means anything to you, TAS, Ultimate, Listener, and Stereophile all have voted for the Herron.

Good luck. (It's about $2,000 used)
Switching to a Spectral preamp (DMC-30S) from a Sonic Frontiers Line 3 made a significant difference in the two areas that you mention. The Spectral is much faster, more transparent, and very free of distortion. I didn't realize how grainy the sound of the Line 3 was until I replaced it with the Spectral preamp. More significant improvements came when I switched from a Krell FPB-300 amp to a Spectral DMA-150Mk2 amp.

Switching to Spectral components brought significant improvements in resolution, clarity, separation between instruments, and natural accuracy. You should definitely look into a Spectral preamp -- and possibly even a Spectral amp.
With all due respect, I don't see what a plug for Spectral has to do with an inquiry about Pass Labs?

Cheers!

Quin