Does a Class D amp match well with Thiel Speakers?

I am considering purchasing either the the Thiel 2.4 or 3.7 Speakers. Definitely, I would appreciate the feedback.
tommy2112

Showing 5 responses by tommy2112

Since Spectron will let me demo it for a month, I was considering that amplifier and has received rave reviews. In the past, I owned the Thiel 2.3 Speakers for 10 years.
I agree with Mapman and prefer heaps of detail which Thiel delivers in spades. Preferring to stay with a solid state preamp, I am curious if it matters whether the amp is Class D or not when matching a preamp. Is the Pass X-10 (excellent reviews) a good match? What other solid state preamp would work well?
There really is not a substantive audio correlation between listening to live music and listening to music being reproduced on a high end system. Thus, they are both 2 entirely different musical experiences without being right or wrong regardless of how well both are executed. However, I still want to hear (if possible) much detail in a live setting as opposed to just a wall of sound.

Does anybody like the preamplifier BAT VK-42SE?
From the subconscious perspective of listening to music, I concur and should not be a homework assignment. With certitude, I like the 'let the music flow' attitude while immersing in the audio delight experience. Indeed, I appreciate the feedback about the Class D ARC amplifier with difficult to drive speakers as it is working well for you. Conversely, most audio dealers do not want to embrace Class D (assuming because most do not sell the product). With all sincerity, a good audio amplifier should not be designated to 1 particular class, especially in the year 2011! Oh, by the way, we all are getting just a bit older than yesterday and think where high end audio will be in 2050 and beyond. Will Audiogon still exist or will it be......gone.