Do you spend more on audio than your income allows

I make a very modest living especially for living in Southern California where everything is so expensive. I should not be buying or looking at audio components but I do anyways. Luckily my wife works and we don't have any kids. If I had kids I'd probably have a Bose wave radio because that is all I could afford. BTW- I live in a small house and drive a 25 year old Honda.
taters
I just recently sold my 20 year old Toyota Camry with 239,900 miles for $200. I should have listed it here!

...yes, my car sucked, but my tunes are superb!...
I started a business to justify it. It has been a very great way to enable the equipment expense, meet lots of great people and keep a reference system that I want and use for the business.
Hopefully someday it will blossom into a full time day job!
How much do you love music?How offten do you dream of having a good sound system?Do you listen alot? All those questions will answer your question.You do not have to break the bank to afford a good system.Depending on what you but you can have it 10-20 years. Is that worth it. I think so.
Concerned listener
in 2007, the median anual household income in the u.s.was a bit over 50k gross. you don't have to be an economist to realize that most americans have little free time and little free money. the traditional entry level hi fi will never be 'in the cards' for most music lovers. sitting for an hour or so in front of a stereo is as rare as the traditional family at the dinner table every night.
I spend more than I should occasionally but I generally sell equpiment to cover the majority cost of any new purchase and then use cash not credit to pay the difference. As long as I maintain a certain amount in the bank I feel ok spending extra to finally build a satisfying system. I also routinely work overtime to help support any spending on audio. What is unacceptable to me is to use credit cards, damage, or destroy your savings to buy high end gear.