Do you pay seller for packaging supplies?

Do you think it is sellers responsibility to provide safe and sturdy packaging as part of "doing business" or you think it is OK for them to require extra payment for double-boxing?
arago
I think it's the seller's responsibility to pack it safely. I have paid seller for shipping material on one occassion and felt cheated later. It's all up to negotiation, however.
If I don't have the original box, I tried to do a secure packaging with the materials I have on hand. My idea is to send what I would like to receive. It is part of a great deal, not just any deal.

I never ask the buyer for extra money in case I need to buy additional packing materials.

Just what I use to do.

Happy Holidays.
while in general a seller is responsible for adequate packaging, I have on occasion , as a buyer, offered some extra payment, particularly if I felt that
1) the basic price the seller was offering was very good
2) the original packaging might use some help to fend off UPS/USPS/FedEx.

In general if I ask someone to go that extra mile I offer some cash for it ... and the goodwill this generates has always paid off for me since all items I have bought have been received extremely well packed, and without any damage.
Whether you purchase from a store or private seller, the seller should take full responsibilty for packing the item in a manner that will provide substantial protection. Do stores charge for the proper packing? Not to my knowledge. Should sellers charge for packing the item, even if it requires double boxing? As a seller, I wouldn't charge for it; and as a buyer, I wouldn't pay for it. As a seller, I would want the buyer to receive the item in the condition it was advertised as. To assure the packing is adequate, I always over pack, and over tape.