Do you buy Insurance for Stereo Equipment?

I guess most homeowner's insurance policy doesn't cover the entire (expensive) system for some folks. Anyone buys insurance just for the stereo equipment? If so, who do you buy it from?
audiolui

Showing 1 response by jb8312

Depends on the Carrier. There are standardized polices but there are also standard endorsements which can alter that policy. I have had USAA for 20 years and it is excellent. Before I owned, I rented and when I rented I had two break-ins and USAA replaced $20K and $18K in audio gear respectively, without hesitation (full replacement value).

Now I own and I asked USAA what I need to have a separate rider for, I was told jewelry, so i got a rider for my watches and my wife's rings. I then upped the "contents" coverage to 75% of the home's reconstruction costs. Which, if I have a total loss would replace all my "contents" gear included.

As long as your policy does not have a specific limit on "electronics", it will be covered as a "content". If your policy does have a limit on electronics, pay for a rider if you need additional coverage.

Or go bare and hope for the best....