Do the Audio gods shine upon you?

Has anyone else had this experience or am I just nuts? You sit down for a quiet evening of Hi Fi listening and after some warmup time you suddenly realize that your system sounds dramatically better than it did the night before. I am talking about those little things like more resolution, low level detail. You know, those things that turn audiophiles on. I am almost afraid to turn my system on again for fear that the "audio gods" have abandoned me.
slowhand
This happens every summer when it gets hot and humid. Sound gets sort of dead and mushy. I thought it may be thermal compression of the driver but no way with my new speakers so it's either:

1) paper cones, even when treated, get soggy from humidity.

or

2) Humid air propagates sounds differently than dry air. I'm sure there is a difference in density.

Does anyone notice this with metal cones? That would be my next option to rule out drivers.
Somehow the Audio Gods seem to shine on my system more often if the lights are off in the room and about 15 after a sip of cognac.

The Audio Gods don't like bright light.
Have you ever experienced Synesthesia, specifically auditory Synesthesia. (You should look it up if you're not already familiar). I have said condition and I can't tell if it is a gift from god or a curse from all that is evil. Maybe I'll look into being Agnostic........

Andrew
Synesthesia Studios
Dynami28, do you experience colors with sounds? I have seen a program on television where a few people who have this condition tried to explain it. Some sounds have very soothing, pleasant colors, where other sounds produce very uncomfortable ones. It's hard to try to comprehend the ability to feel good and bad colors. I don't remember if different patterns were also involved. The closest I can come to understanding the phenomenon is to think back to the days when my friends and I were experimenting with hallucinogenics. Simply amazing for some hours, but I wouldn't want to experience life like that forever. On the other hand, if I were born that way, it would be the norm, and I wouldn't want it any other way...I believe...
From What I have learned, there are many types of Synesthesia. Mine in particular can only be equated to ripples in/on the water, but in a 360 degree dispersion. No colors, but it is as if I can see the physical properties of sound propagate thru open space. The "ripples" are in tune with the frequency, - low Frequencies have bigger ripples, and higher tones are tight ripples almost like vibrations in the air.

I just wrote a thread asking for people's information on the matter, but it hasn't been posted for discussion yet. I can tell you that many people that have Synesthesia are musicians. But like I said.....It depends on the type of Synesthesia he or she has.

And even though I don't condone the use of some drugs......
I've seen it happen, and seems to work with Peyote the best. This however is NOT how I experience the effects of Synesthesia.

As far as a soothing effect - it can be incredible. I find myself dozing of in my sound room playing intense rock music, at 120 db plus. Strange? Sure. Do I give a F***? NO!

I hope I shed some light on the subject and look out for future in depth discussion on this topic.

Andrew
Synesthesia Studios