Do speaker cables need a burn in period?

I have heard some say that speaker cables do need a 'burn in', and some say that its totally BS.
What say you?

128x128gawdbless
azbrd
@geoffkait

I was waiting for you to chime in!

>>>>>I was waiting for your reaction.

1. Unplugging a cable destroys the delicate electrical/mechanical connection that took a long time to establish. So, going back and forth between cables proves nothing.

So now you are moving the new cable to old cable discussion to the electrical/mechanical connections? would this mean we need to unplug our wires every time to get to audio nirvana??

>>>>>I’m not sure we’re on the same page here. It means you can’t judge the new cables until they’ve been seated for a week.

2. The new cables were not properly broken in so you can’t really expect them to sound too good.

So >1000 of actual use is not enough to "break in" a cable???

>>>>>>>Read what I said again. The short answer is no.

Please provide us with the measurable, repeatable documentation on how to properly break in a wire!

>>>>Why, are you volunteering?

2. The new cables were not properly broken in so you can’t really expect them to sound too good.

this is my favorite geoffkait claim right up there with Dark Matter Optical Coating and his Teleportation Tweak! Just for fun I called several cable companies and asked them to sell me wires that were directional.

>>>>Sorry about that, there are quite a few backward cable companies around apparently.

ALL of them politely laughed and explained that wire does NOT have any directional property. I personally reversed the wires during our listening test and could not hear any differences.

>>>>If milk didn’t squirt out of their noses it doesn’t count. If you were the one conducting the test it certainly makes sense you couldn’t hear anything. Is there anything you can hear? Just curious. 😛

Look inside your speakers or amps, see if there is any wires in there with little arrows on them OR is there ANY documentation from these companies to advise one which direction your cables should be when connecting them??

>>>>That’s a shame since all wire is directional. Oh, well, whaddya gonna do? 😳
I was going to ask if all of these naysayers arrived in the same clown car.

Sadly, they won't be the last.

All the best,
Nonoise 
Total snake oil and it’s been proven! Burn in is totally psychologically even though those who believe in it wont ever admit it. I could fool each and every one of them in a blind listening test! I’ve been to a few and NOBODY ever could tell the difference. A few so called golden ear audiophiles got mad and said it was rigged even though they let us inspect everything before and after the test. They had an electrical engineer explain to us all about the signal that travels along the speaker cable and how it doesnt change over time unless the cable is damaged in some sort of way. They also proved how sight has a lot to do with percieved hearing. Two of the exact same cables with different jacket colors made people think they heard a difference. It was an interesting afternoon.