Do power supply units/cables make a difference in sound quality?

My system is plugged in via a heavy duty power strip into a wall socket.  (Horrors!). I have read many posts from folks who have invested $$$ in power supply units and cables.  Before I take a deep dive into that, I'd like to hear from folks pro or con on this subject.  My system consists of Magneplanar MG3rs, Nelson Pass Threshold 400 amp, Conrad Johnson recent premier preamp, Oracle TT with Koetsu Black, Bluos Node streamer, Classe Audio CDP-102 CD Player.  I am quite happy with the sound from all sources.  So am I in for another four figure expense with power supply?  I appreciate the experience of this forum's members.

baumwoll

@baumwoll Trust your own ears, no one else's. Ignore the naysayers.

You've probably got a flat screen TV, change the power cable to a NEO by Oyaide D+ only about $50.00, if that doesn't prove anything nothing will.

https://www.neo-w.com/english/d_plus/d_plus-02/

My two cents, both as a designer and a listener:

AC cables - no difference unless there is a serious problem with one.

Line (noise) filters, from LC filters to isolation transformers to regenerators do in fact have an effect.  Blocking noise from digital components that may be part of your system is also valuable - meaning put the computer/server/streamer on the DIRTY side....

yes a good internal power supply will minimize much of this, but ground noise in particular does come through, albeit at a very low level.

I also ensure that the wiring is up to snuff ( i have a 20A home run from my service panel) and the outlets are good quality ( i use the highest grade that Home Depot sells). A quick look at the construction shows how chintzy the cheap outlets are.

A cheapish experiment might be just losing the outlet strip and installing a quad on the wall.  Surge protected outlet strips in my system did not help, and outlets are relatively cheap to install.

quick comment on some above.  Surge suppression and noise filtering are (almost) totally different beasts. A surge suppressor will have essentially zero sonic impact.  A properly designed filter however, will take noise well above 60 Hz out of the AC signal.

Don't confuse the two.