Do dealers believe in their products?

Do dealers believe and test out the products they sell or just stock what the industry says is good? I suppose once you are a dealer for a product it would be hard to just dump the mfg'r when a better brand comes along. Then there is the ethics if a customer asks if there is something better out there and the dealer does not believe in what he sells.
I ask because I remember going into one of my first stores. The dealer had been around for decades and I got the impression he knew of a way better system for half the price. Then a home dealer was demoing bright, shiny $5,000.00 speakers but stuck in the corner where some huge dirty speakers from the 70's. That's what he listened to on his own time, hhhmmmmmmmmmmmm.
cdc
Post removed 
No not all do, I had Innerosund Eros stats and the local dealer loved them, when he sold them. I came back a year or so later and a new guy who never saw me was the salesman, he had nothing good to say about them, and wouldnt ya know it? they were no longer a dealer. Nor are they in business now!