Do chinese tube preamp/amp clones interest you?

Hi all,

looks like there a quite a few clones of almost iconic gear available, e.g. this is an example
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001822040138.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.4f8c6644HLjQ8o&a...

Have you ever wondered how they sound, are tempted to try them out, maybe even get it as a kit?

Or better even, got them and can report back?

Inquiring minds would like to know,

cheers
brxl
brxl
No.  It's more of a moral choice...  When was the last time in recent history a dictatorship put a million people in labor camps?
I bought a Chinese tube amp (Music Angel XD-800 MkIII) about 12 years ago just to play around with upgrading it. IIRC, it was around $500.

When I received it, I opened it up. It looked like the tech who assembled it, just put in whatever parts he had handy on his bench. Most resistors were out of spec.

Once I changed the resistors and caps, it was a pretty decent 30W Class A amp. The tube complement was 4 x KT88, 2 x 12AU7, and 2 x 12AT7. I ran Psvane KT88 and 12AU7 tubes and 50's era RCA 12AT7.

Not including tubes, the upgrade cost me just under $200 (and many hours of my time).
I found some of the opinions expressed here about Chinese Amps to be based on prejudice & lack of knowledge  rather than listening to the product. It is true a lot of rubbish came out of China , but, this apply more or less to most countries.
I am not Chinese( I am British -Egyptian & Ex Hi Fi plus publisher. My day job is Orthopedic Surgeon)
I have superb Hi Fi system ( Clearaudio Goldfinger , Acoustical Axiom & Kuzma 14 inch arms..Wafac PRT1 , Burmister, Lamm, Jadis, CJ, Audionet ,  Acostic Arts ,, Krell, BAT.. Giya -Vivid Speakers.)
But , My Pride & Joy ; AM 833 MKII 140 watt single ended of pure magic.
I have 4 monobocks. 2 monos : silver edition, RRP around 25000 US $ & 2 monos ULTIMA  of All Silver Transformers , RRP aound 50000 US$ plus. this is is probably one of the best Amps regardless of the price.
It is made in China By a Genius called Fang & the website is 
am-hiend.com
. Apart from brilliant design , customer service is second to none. if you do not have distributor , contact him directly, you will not be disappointed
What sort of prejudice do you see? And, lack of knowledge of what specifically, are you referring to?
The Ming Da stuff seems to be well made and sounds pretty good and has been around for long enough to be trustworthy.But honestly the way the CCP is behaving is very concerning and people really should be avoiding buying anything made in China until they stop acting like psychopaths.They are now attacking Australian companies and the Australian government through bogus trading  embargos  and faked content in an attempt to stop the Australian government and media from commenting on human rights abuses and the jailing of democracy activists,and ethnic and religious  minorities.Who's next?