DK Design Review

Strange silence on the recent DK Design review considering all the comments previously about this integrated.
emorawski

Just a few cuts from the review for those who haven't had a chance to form their own opinions:
"...the integrated amp possesed some of the hallmark attributes of a high quality tube preamp." By way of comparison, most high quality preamps don't weigh 77 pounds and have an amp as an add on, and cost only $3200.

"On all closely miked female vocals, sibilants were clear, crisp and distinct." ""...Minimum/Maximum ...also showed off the VS.1 ....lightning-fast ability to render rapid transients, without any sense of blunting or artificial edge. My listening note: "Chills!"

"My notes: 'The stage! The stage!! Hall ambience, wall reflections, depth width, specificity, and the speakers disappear."

"But you might just conclude the you no longer want--or need--to make that "upgrade", (to separates).
End of Quotes:

Was the review, that of the perfect product? Of course not--the amp isn't perfect, then again, I am not sure,any are. I think Stereophile's Bob (Reina's) review, allows the potential buyer to realize, that for $3200. (our entry level amplifier) one can have the basic sound of many separates which traditionally cost much more.

My personal assessment is, that this is a good review and points out the 'value' of this product.
We are also excited about an upcoming review, (elsewhere) on the SIGNATURE Amp.

Larry R. Staples
LSA Group
President Designer
Yeah...the "review" brought me back too.

But...I seem to have a different overall impression of what I read.

but lets take a walk down memory lane first.

Wasn't DK the integrated that would beat 10k separates?

Sounds to me like the reviewer thought more highly of the Creek (with the exception of holography)

soooooo.

I guess the Creek is a $1500 integrated that beats the $3200 DK integrated that beats $10,000 separates (although they still never told us what separates those were)

I feel really sorry for whoever bought those so-called $10k separates.
All you guys still bashing the DK need to take your medicine! Give it up, all your bashing didn't work, the DK will continue to set standards for the industry. Anyone who is still hostile at this point MUST be jealous of DKs success.
and just like the old DK threads...brand new one-post users coming to DK's rescue.

BTW...what standard is DK setting in the industry?

Looking at the ones in the classifieds leads me to believe that they are the one of the industry leaders with regards to depreciation.
Yo Jimmy Olson - you need to read the review my friend. From a world beater to something apparently barely managing to stay up with a $1500 piece, and it's setting standards?

Standards for what? Number of models released in 18 months. We're up to what, 4 models now. Great for resale eh?

Stndard setter - right. Another newbie out of the closet to wax eloquent about DK - even those that got all gooey about the thing last year have already sold them - you're a bit behind the power curve already my friend.

Danny - that you?