DIY base for Thorens TD160

Hi all. I'm new to this forum and need some help on a suitable base/case for the above T/T. The turntable itself is already mounted on a plinth which I made myself many years ago (from MDF) to fit into a custom cabinet. Rather stupidly at the time I threw out the original base and perspex cover.

I now want to re-assemble my separates in a rack so therefore need to remount the T/T. Looking around the Web I'm astonished at some of the silly prices asked for what is basically a 'box' - some quite crudely designed. I am aware of the advantages of Professionally made bases but feel I can produce something suitable myself at reasonable cost.

Anyone have any plans/drawings/ideas/DIY experience on this ?

Thanks and regards.
fotaki

Showing 1 response by fotaki

Thanks for your responses guys. I agree with all your comments - certainly should be a 'fun' thing to do and (extending the gray matter a bit) am even thinking in terms of using precast concrete. The small pebbly type. :))

Zd542...appreciate your suggestion but I'm in the UK so will make that a bit difficult/expensive. Hope to post an update in due course. !!

Regards