Digital Support

If you are a true believer in the superiority of digital over analog I need your help. I'm being attacked by a bunch of snobs in a thread in the home theater section entitled " digital rules ".
128x128robedk
Post removed 
Robedk: I'm a little confused. Rcprince did a nice job of explaining what he saw as the virtues of vinyl, and described the ways he found to produce a good analog experience. He spent a bit of his time and energy to politely explain to you some benefits of vinyl that you might not have known about, and politely suggested that you try them out to see if they don’t improve the experience for you. Your response to this suggestion was to flatly refuse, and to reject outright the information he provided. Given the thoughtful nature of his post, this doesn’t seem like an appropriately considerate response.

I believe as metaphysics does that you started this thread to pick a fight and rally against analog media. Audio systems are composed of many types of equipment, both digital and analog, and each piece is chosen depending on the listener’s tastes. There is no need to defend one over the other, and you should not be offended by those who think differently than you. Choose what you like and enjoy the music and everyone else will do the same. Personally, however, I think that you're missing out on some great musical experiences by being too narrowly focused.

Ken
You're right, Rcprince did present a good case and so does Dekay,and in fairness, I intend to give the new and improved version of todays' phonographs another listen. I've been letting my frustration with a few individals and their prejudices cloud my judgement. It is not my intent to pick a fight.
I'm searching for an analogy (no pun intended), and I keep coming back to Star Trek. Only, instead of holograms, I want to ask about the transporter. Anyone think it will ever be possible to capture the totality of a live being in bits and re-materialize him somewhere else?

Leaving aside the playback system problems, ticks, pops, tracking errors, etc., what does analog recording and playback leave out that was there in the first place?
>Leaving aside the playback system problems, ticks, pops,
>tracking errors, etc., what does analog recording and
>playback leave out that was there in the first place?

What does digital recording leave out that was there in the first place?