Difference between Amperex 6922 pinched waist tube

I wonder if there are differences in the Amperex 6922 pinched waist gold pin tubes that I have heard about. I see some were made in Holland and some were made in the US. Is one supposed to be superior to the other. I have read that they are pretty much the holy grail of Amperex tubes. I just picked up some Siemens CCa tubes and really am impressed but figure I may as well see what else is in their league. Thanks for any advice as I could always use it.
nicksgem10s

Showing 1 response by seadzz

You hit the nail on the head, the pinched waist are considered the holy grail of the 6299 family. Depending on the function of this tube in your gear you may not notice much an improvemento over the CCa which is head and sholders above the standard E88CC, which in and of its self is better than anything else in that type. other tubers may beg to differ but that is part of the wonderful world of tube amps.

Of the pinch waist tubes there may only be 6 or 7 left on the planet in NOS shape. Unless your are Bill Gates it may not be worth your while chasing them down. Be thrilled that you have the CCa types.

My ears, my gear, MHO....YMMV