Did Amir Change Your Mind About Anything?

It’s easy to make snide remarks like “yes- I do the opposite of what he says.”  And in some respects I agree, but if you do that, this is just going to be taken down. So I’m asking a serious question. Has ASR actually changed your opinion on anything?  For me, I would say 2 things. I am a conservatory-trained musician and I do trust my ears. But ASR has reminded me to double check my opinions on a piece of gear to make sure I’m not imagining improvements. Not to get into double blind testing, but just to keep in mind that the brain can be fooled and make doubly sure that I’m hearing what I think I’m hearing. The second is power conditioning. I went from an expensive box back to my wiremold and I really don’t think I can hear a difference. I think that now that I understand the engineering behind AC use in an audio component, I am not convinced that power conditioning affects the component output. I think. 
So please resist the urge to pile on. I think this could be a worthwhile discussion if that’s possible anymore. I hope it is. 

chayro

Here you were more than right and i am totally with you...We think the same...

Thanks...

@mahgister

No worries.

Just the point being that cult behavior is bad anywhere.

If someone is not enough wise to separate my heavy syntax from my arguments from hearing theory aspects and call my posts "repetitious verbosity" this reflect more his limited mind process than my "verbosity"..

Just a question if i want to know if you get the point : What is the relation bettwen a Gibson ecological perspective on sound hearing impressions and a Fourier inspired one ?

And what is the relation of this with Amir opinions about measures and my opinion , and what are the relation of all this to design ; and WHY AM I WRONG OR RIGHT, in spite of my VERBOSITY ?

If you brain work, answer or DEBATE  before insulting me...If you cannot BABBLE a RATIONAL  answer go into the cells of hell reserved to your kind...

I dont insult anyone, if i did it because of my quick temper  or by misunderstanding  i APOLOGIZE but i answer to insults IMMEDIATELY ...

I wait for your answer and in details bright mind ...

Repetitious verbosity != DEEP

I did not insult you, I pushed back on your self flattery, As to the rest of your post, I'll opt for the much quoted Mark Twain quip on the matter, and abstain. I had all this of this debate ~50 years back, ain't nothing new here.

Very easy answer...Point me the thread where someone debate Amir about the Fourier /ecological theory of hearing in psycho-acoustics and the relation with his opinion ?

It is easy to answer by insulting someone... More easy to escape by saying what he said is "COMMON PLACE"... It is not common place dude... You confuse generality with specfic deep philosophical points about hearing and your limited opinion..

You are right about one thing : i have an ego yes and a quick temper , but i can recognize when i am wrong... And i dont mix common place fact with DEEP question in psycho-acoustics..

And i learned how to apologize after insulting people... Ask your mother..

You will not answer me on this debate anyway , you are not able to do so anyway it seems..

I wish you the best and forget my verbose posts in the future...

I did not insult you, I pushed back on your self flattery, As to the rest of your post, I’ll opt for the much quoted Mark Twain quip on the matter, and abstain. I had all this of this debate ~50 years back, ain’t nothing new here.

No one can tell you whether/how your system, room and/or ears will respond to some new addition.   There are simply too many variables.

LIKEWISE: no one can possibly know whether a new addition (ie: some kind of disc, crystal, fuse, interconnect, speaker cable, etc)  will make a difference, in their system and room, with their media and to their ears, without trying them for themselves.   

Some companies offer a 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee, so- those that are actually interested, have absolutely nothing to lose, by trying (experimenting with) such.     

Anyone that knows anything about the sciences, realizes that something like 96% of what makes up this universe, remains a mystery.       

For centuries; humanity’s seen, heard, felt and otherwise witnessed phenomena, that none of the best minds could explain, UNTIL they developed a science or measurement, that could explain it.     

The Naysayer Church wants you to trust their antiquated science (1800’s electrical theory) and faith-based, religious doctrine, BLINDLY ("Trust ME!"). 

Theories have never proven or disproven anything.  It’s INVARIABLY testing and experimentation that proves or disproves theories/hypotheses.   

IF you’re interested in the possibility of improving your system’s presentation, have a shred of confidence in your capacity for perceiving reality and trust your own senses: actually TRY whatever whets your aural appetite, FOR YOURSELF.         

The Naysayer Church HATES it, when THAT happens!