Diana Krall's New CD "Live in Paris"????

Has anyone heard the new Krall CD (NOT DVD) "Live in Paris", and what are your thoughts?
crega
Fpeel:
I know what you mean about Tierney Sutton perhaps being too technical. I don't really get that from her, but the fact that she is a member of some university's music faculty could lead to that result. Nonetheless, I enjoy her considerably more than Diana Krall, but not to the exclusion of her.
Over orchestrated and not well balanced .. she needs to go back to her trio roots .. her playing is very good her voice..take it or leave it

Matt
Matt - I believe that most would agree that the opposite is true. Her voice is very nice - albeit with limited range and not a lot of soul.

But her playing??? I can't even listen to some of her tunes because I'm embarassed for her. I believe it's on "All For You" that she plays a couple of solos where you can just see the grimace on her face while she fights to make her fingers keep the pace with the rest of the combo. But forget about pure "chops"...most of all her playing lacks any groove or style - IMHO. It's white bread (sans the crust) all the way.
Compared to the sonic air bushed sound of her studio recordings this is not a bad effort.

The Concord Records boys- Hamilton & Clayton provide her with a good foundation to entertain her Paris fans.